Friday, August 19, 2011

Black and White Unite

Anyone who has seen my blog knows that I am definitely NOT afraid of color, but when I saw this little ditty (though it lacked a little spice) I couldn't pass it up.  Just another muumuu you say?  Kinda.  Although it looks like your tyical muum, upon closer inspection I discovered that this was indeed an original Mamo Howell.  During the 80's (here we go again with the 80's) in Hawaii, the name "Mamo" was synonymous with designer muumuus.  In short THE Cadillac, Escalade of all muums. 

Found on the last thrifting adventure with my little guy, I was subject to quite a bit of eyeballing as other thrifting junkies got whiff of this little treasure.  Although not a label worshipper, I couldn't resist getting a bit highbrow.  Oh NO, you didn't girl.  Oh YES, I did!!  I'm thinking I could turn this little ditty into the black and white maxi dress my wardrobe has been missing.
Generally great shape, but the collar?

The new and improved muum turned maxi dress with my quality Little guy getting ready to pain the town green.

Cheers to Refashioning!!

More info on how I achieved this look

Toodles,
Maui Girl

2 comments:

Sew Her Style said...

Very Pretty! :)

Jamie Lee @ www.ditzalee.blogspot.com said...

I LOVE IT!! I have to be honest though, you're so gorgeous, you could've rocked the before too ;) xoxo