Thursday, August 11, 2011

Lacey camisole

I'm generally not a lace girl, but I remembered after the challenge was posted that I actually had something on hand that would work! So figured I'd play along.

I turned this ill-fitting all-over stretch lace top that wouldn't stay up on my shoulders into two things.

#1, a camisole, fully lined with remnants of a jersey fabric left over from one of my from-scratch projects.




#2, I took the sleeve that was left after I made the straps (fabric-covered elastic) and turned it into a cute little headband.

It ended up being more time-consuming than it probably would have been had it not been lace, because I had to deconstruct it almost entirely to line it. But I think it'll end up being a nice layering piece for the fall. As always, more details on my blog. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Refashion said...

really nice! I too struggled with lace so I feel your pain!

Lauren
Editor on Duty-Wednesday