Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A tale of 2 dresses

The basic of this post was 2 dresses. Both with different outcomes.

First, is my aqua dress that was a goodwill purchase (again for like $0.99). The zipper only went up to the hips.



After much thinking, I decided the top would need a lot of work. Something I decided wasn't worth it, especially since the bottom part of the dress was to die for! I opted to cut it off the top and take it in and hem it.

What I was left with was a cute high waisted pencil skirt! (which needs ironing!)


For more info on the aqua dress refashion see here.


The next dress, was one I already had. I love the ruffles and always wanted a white dress. But for some reason I always chose to not wear it to events. I think it was b/c it was short and also the back split was a bit to high!


I decided to turn it into a shirt but cutting off the bottom. Don't worry I saved the ruffle for another project, it was too pretty to not use it on something else! Now I will get much more use out of it for work!


For more info on the white dress refashion, see here

Happy Wednesday!

XOXOXO,
LaLaLauren


4 comments:

SewingScientist said...

I think the white dress even better as a top. Good refashion!

Zom said...

I also think it looks much better as a top. Very nice.

Huli said...

ditto what they said! lovin the pencil skirt too!

JuliN said...

The other commenters are spot on - the dress is much better as a top. These are great!