Friday, August 19, 2011

Yikes! Stripes!

I don’t know exactly how to preface this oddball, so…um…er…

Check this out! :)



I ended up chopping this dress into two parts.



I’m going to forget about the top part for now, and work with that stripey skirt. I decided to turn the bottom of the skirt into the top of a new dress! :)

It didn’t quite fit me, so I added elastic, using the existing hem as a casing. Then, I hemmed the new bottom edge.

I think I’ve removed the Yikes Factor, don’t you? :)





You can see more of this refashion at ReFashionista.net, where I'm remaking something new every day for 1 year! :)

5 comments:

me said...

Now that first pic makes me think of Dr. Seuss, not sure why!!
Love how it turned out, much more flattering!

Refashion said...

This is really cute! Looove stripes! I would totally make an oversized tee from the top part. If you fancy posting the fabric to the UK, let me know!

Bryony

Refashion said...

This is really cute! Looove stripes! I would totally make an oversized tee from the top part. If you fancy posting the fabric to the UK, let me know!

Bryony

Sew Her Style said...

I agree your before picture looks really funny... but of course the after is very cute, i like the color combo of the stripes!

Refashion said...

Awesome as always, jillian!

ErikaH
EOD