Thursday, September 08, 2011

The Chef Wore Plaid

A continuation on the chef theme... An apron is a necessity when you have donned your chef hat! But not just any old apron will do for this little chef. Boo's mimi had given us some old shirts she never wore anymore, and he loves anything that was hers!


Amongst the pile was a red, plaid button up that she wore a fair bit. He remembers her wearing it, so it has sentimental value to him. I found it was more than enough to make an apron for him. The sleeves had those tabs that hold your sleeves in place when rolled up. I used those for the necktie, button holes were already sewn in! The pocket from the front of the shirt was used as well. I backed it with a piece of muslin from my stash and used bias tape around the edges and for the waist tie.


Another successful refashion in Boo's eyes! Now that he's back at school, I may get the oven mitts sewn up!

4 comments:

Lollean said...

I love this one! I didn't know I even needed an apron until I saw this. Thanks

The Creative Miss W said...

That's a great idea!Looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Adorable!

Refashion said...

Good idea!

-erikah
EOD