Monday, September 26, 2011

shabby chic hankie curtain





Hi there....

The other week I found these hankies in the oppy shop. They had a big pile of them and they had all been lovingly crochet around the edges. I considered leaving some of them for others but ended up taking the lot! I had a plan!!!! A total bargain of 50c each hankie, the appreciation of the time and effort someone had taken on that edging was not wasted on me! They were coming home to be adored and cherished and displayed.

They were to become a shabby chic curtain for my daughters room. Firstly, I laid out the hankies into a pleasing colour way. Then I joined the hankies together by hand knotting each intersection of crochet. (i later discovered that this was easier by machine). The beaded fringing was new but on special for $9 a meter so that counts as thrifty right??. I had some crochet edging that i bought previously at an oppy and dyed it. I used this for the tabs and the bottom frill. The doileys were also from my embarisingly large stash.
I am soooo happy with how it turned out. Im going to take a picture into the ladies at the oppy where i bought the hankies coz they were curious as to what i was going to do with them.

4 comments:

Zom said...

Beautifully done.

Refashion said...

What a sweet curtain - it looks so pretty. Hope the oppie ladies like it too :)
Thank you for sharing,

Debbie
EOD

Fickle Sense said...

I just love this. What a great idea. I especially love that the curtains have a story. really nice! makes me all warm inside:)

Liz said...

What a brilliant idea! That is beautiful!