Monday, September 26, 2011

Intro and one of my refashion projects

Hi everyone....

I'm so excited...My name is Rowena and I live in Sydney, Australia. I joined Wardrobe Refashion a while ago and since I had my second baby I was away for a while. Now I'm back to my refashion world and noticed that WR was closed. I'm so happy to have found Refashion Co-op where I can still find interesting ideas and inspirations, and share my refashion projects.

I love refashioning, recycling and hate throwing away anything. I used to buy a lot of fabrics but recently my family has been on a tight budget (long story) and I have to refrain from buying anything new and try to use what I have. I have two boxes of clothes that me and DH don't want to wear any more and I've been gradually turning them into something else, a hat, baby clothes, bags, etc. My daughters also have outgrown their clothes and I'm refashioning them too.

One of the most recent refashion projects I've done is a pair of baby leggings that I made from one of my thermos. The thermo was made from a very soft and stretchy fabric, and I really love how it feels. But it was too small for me. I kept it for a long long time and hoped that I could shrink one day to fit into it but finally decided to give up. I was glad that it was big enough to fit my homemade baby leggings pattern. So I made the baby leggings for DD2, which fits her REALLY WELL. I haven't got time to take a photo of DD2 in the leggings, but here is a photo of the finished leggings:You can see the complete project in my blog: http://sewlovesew.blogspot.com/2011/09/adult-thermo-to-baby-leggings.html

2 comments:

Refashion said...

The leggings are very sweet and a great re-use of old clothes. Thank you for sharing.

Debbie
EOD

Corina said...

I do this all the time!