Sunday, September 11, 2011

Transitional wardrobe changeover




It being the beginning of September (although still very humid and muggy) I'm waiting in anticipation for proper autumnal frosty mornings and the brown leaves to kick in. I've slowly been changing over my summer wardrobe to include some knitwear and warmer cosy jumpers. I have this lovely apple green angora mix long jumper that I found hidden away and although the feel of it is lovely and soft, I was no longer keen on the high neckline and there was a hole in the middle of it that had been chewed by a moth whilst in storage.
I cut away a soft curved neckline where the ribbed collar part began and used some odds and ends of left over material to work on giving the neckline a shabby chic style. I fused together some tweedy type strips with some light green chiffon pieces and some raw green silk strips and sewed them onto each other. I created a loose corsage on the left had side of the neckline and pleated some pinky red curtain type material on the other side. To disguise the moth hole, I let the strips hang down the centre, sewing them halfway down before letting them hang freely. And, voila, this is the completed article and I'm pretty pleased with it, may wear it to the wedding I'm off to in October in Cardiff. xx









2 comments:

Linda Layne said...

Love this, Poppy! Just lovely!

Refashion said...

Looks fab Poppy. A great re-use of little pieces for the neck decoration. I would love to see a close up of the trims.

Debbie
EOD