Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Anthropologie Inspired Brushed Lace Cardigan

My version of Anthropologie's Brushed Lace Cardigan
Total cost: $2



My inspiration:


I loved the coral lace on this sweater. But how could I create it on a budget? A quick search on my friend Google and I found this tutorial on dying lace trim with acrylic paint. I had plenty of white lace on hand, and acrylic paint is super cheap (around $1 for a bottle) - so I decided to give it a try, although I have to say I had my doubts about whether this would work or not. Luckily it worked like a charm.

6 comments:

Linscottage said...

I think your version turned out even more fabulous than the Anthropologie one! Kudos - your cardigan is gorgeous!

Spindlejigs said...

I have to agree with Linscottage, I like the one from Anthropologie. I want yours!!!

Jenni said...

Love Anthro inspiration!
Jenni
EOD

Unknown said...

I LOVE this!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I agree, it looks better than the original!

Bells said...

Also agree that the finished refashion looks far better than the anthro version. Fabulous work!