Monday, November 14, 2011

Ball Gown from Flea Market Finds




Not long ago, I wrote about a bolero jacket titled: "Granny Goes Girlie" where I found a velvet evening jacket with beaded trim at a nearby garage sale.

I updated it with a few simple cut
s and touches to become a fun bolero to wear with a cocktail dress or jeans.

I then had the bottom of the jack
et left over and wan

ted to create something interesting with it....
A friend had given me a gown of hers and I thought "Why not combine the two?"


I created a corset type bodice with the bottom of the velvet jacket and then added the tulle skirt from my friends gown..
The result was a dress my daughters friend loved. Visit my site at www.dzynurlyf.com to get more ideas, tips and subscribe to my design newsletter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really cool! I wish I went to the kind of events for which you need dresses like this!

Becky said...

Lovely dress! And I'm also jealous... I'd love to have a reason to wear something nice and formal again!

Jenni said...

I loved creating original prom dresses back in the day!
Jenni EOD