Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Flannel Shirt / Pants

It all started with this hand-me-down flannel shirt.  
 I love flannel shirts.  So soft and comfy and warm.  But not so fashionable, shall we say, for out and about.  I wanted to do something with it and finally thought of...pants.  Tried it on to see if it might work and yea, the sleeves fit as legs, the cuffs fit my ankles so - I got going.

Off to a great start, I soon stalled when confronted with some unique engineering challenges.  Eventually (after the usual trial and error, and a few aha moments) my flannel shirt/pants came to fruition.
 mirror image of my new flannel shirt/pants

 disguised as fall leaves in the backyard!

detail of the shirt pant cuff

And check out Project Minima to see the poet shirt revamp...

4 comments:

Spindlejigs said...

Those might just be the coolest refashion I have ever seen...hmmm, I might have to try that!

Unknown said...

Very clever refashion!! well done

Huli said...

awesome refashion!

pao said...

Wow! thanks Spindlejigs, did you do some?
Thanks Erica Louise and Huli for your kind words, I appreciate it!