Thursday, November 17, 2011

A new dress without spending money

So graduation is coming up (I passed my masters with merit, yay for me!) and the ceremony with a lot of picture taking is in sight. We are doomed to hire a ridiculously expensive (47 Pounds for a day, oh my)  and unflattering gown which leaves me absolutely no budget to buy something to wear underneath. Since nudity probably won't do well at the ceremony I had to be creative. The gown is green and black, so colors in the red and pink range aren't a possibility. Lucky for me, I found a green dress made out of a shiny fabric at a clothing swap. Costs; exactly zero. The dress had a really awkward  length, which made me look like a midget. With this length, there was just too much green going on.


So I decided to get rid of some inches at the bottom, and do something to break up that endless same emerald-ish green by adding a ribbon in a darker green.




And see here, the result! Not a big change, but it made the dress from unflattering and slightly boring to wearable for graduation!

1 comment:

Refashion said...

The dress looks very pretty no. I like the ribbon addition. Congrats on the Masters!


Debbie
EOD