Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Refashioned Costume: Homemade Rapunzel


I found the perfect old prom dress to refashion into my daughter's Rapunzel costume at Savers Thrift Store. With it's chiffon overlay, I knew it was going to work perfectly, especially when embellished with a couple spools of ribbon and paired with the homemade Rapunzel Yarn wig.

When it was all finished, my daughter told me she loved the costume way more than anything she'd seen in the store. Success!!

Find more details about the costume and wig on my blog.


8 comments:

Refashion said...

Super job! I love how you altered it just right for Rapunzel. -EOD

Far said...

This is really pretty!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

I love this refashion! I think it takes a keen eye to give an old prom dress a new life, well done! The yarn wig is perfect too.

Anonymous said...

That is adorable! What a cutie your daughter is dressed up. Don't you just love it when your kids are happy with what you have made them?! I love that!

Eileen Cox said...

Great job - and good eye! It's not always easy to see the "after" when you're standing there looking at the "before!"

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! Isn't it great to make girls dresses and to have them appreciate the outfits? I refashioned a princess gown for my daughter for her school's carnival last year and she also loved it more than store bought.

Jenni said...

So very, very cute!!
Jenni
EOD

Jenni said...

So very, very cute!!
Jenni
EOD