Tuesday, November 15, 2011

So many projects - so little time

My heap of clothes waiting to emerge like butterflies from their refashioning cocoon is growing. Problem is finding time to spend on them. Here's a very speedy refashion I did today.


I saw this dress in a charity shop - just right for my dungaree loving teenage daughter - apart from that strange frill to the hem. Five minutes with the stitch ripper later. . . .


A much more presentable dress. I just need to match the brown top stitching thread to finish the hem.

What does everyone think about giving a refashioned charity shop purchase as a Christmas present?

5 comments:

Ky said...

I think it's a FANTASTIC idea!!! They don't need to know if you think they'd have a problem with it... :)

American Nanny said...

If you're not sure if she'll like it you can always "smuggle" into her gift pile along with other gifts that you know she'll love.

You could also give her the gift of bringing her along to choose items to refashion, figuring out what to do with them and then showing her how to do it :)

Jenni said...

My kids relish a good deal as much as I do!
Jenni
EOD

Bells said...

I think it's the way forward!

Lovely dress.

B.

Jean said...

Hey... I know that this is wayyy past late for Christmas... but I'm putting my 2 cents in anyway... If you have made something from start to finish from new fabric or refashioned a gift is a gift... and part of that gift is your time/love! I think it's great! And I've been refashioning forever...
since at least the 70's! Have fun!