Saturday, December 10, 2011

A great use for extra buttons

As a long-time seamstress and refashioner, I have ended up with a lot of miscellaneous buttons. I also make jewelry, and I am always looking out for new project ideas. I came across this great tutorial for making a button necklace http://scrappyfairy.blogspot.com/2010/01/quick-button-necklace-tutorial.html and decided to give it a try. I love the results, and it was so easy!


I have a ton of black, gray, and blue clothes, so this will be a versatile piece.
I also love how it can hang a little lower, like this, or be worn as a choker.


I wanted to use a single ribbon that was thicker than the one SJ used, so I crimped the end in a jewelry finding and linked it through my wire loop.




1 comment:

Refashion said...

Love how classy it looks; I barely realize that they're buttons. :) -Seeks, EOD