Monday, December 05, 2011

infant romper to doll pajamas



Mostly I only work with recycled wool, but this was a side project. My son is 6, and past playing with dolls, but I bring them out when little ones come to visit. My son said they should have more clothes, so the little ones can have more fun playing with them, so I picked up this little infant romper at the thrift store yesterday. Why buy expensive fabric when you can reuse (especially when you can use the existing leg, neck, and arm seams!)?



I didn't write a full tutorial on this, but if you sew, I think you can figure it out. I first cut it in half, and sized up the pieces against the doll, so I could see about where I needed to take in the sides.





I added a little piece of elastic to the waist, after taking in the sides, and the pants were done.


I then took in the sides on the top, and hemmed the bottom, starting where the snaps ended, so it now opens completely in the front... easier for little hands, so they don't have to wrestle it over the doll's big head.



It was easy and fast, since most of the seams were already there!



~ Reuse, Recycle, Resweater! ~
www.resweater.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Refashion said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing.

Debbie
EOD