Thursday, December 22, 2011

Saddle bag from a skirt and dress

When I see some fabric that I love, it doesn't matter whether it comes from a skirt, dress or fleece blanket, I just have to have it and use it to create something that I'd love to use myself.

So when I found a burgundy cord skirt, it just had to come home with me.




And I already had a dress that I had converted into a skirt but no longer wore.



So I put them together and made a saddle bag.

The frill was made from the bottom hem of the skirt/dress (above).  So much simpler than cutting some fabric and making a teeny weeny hem!



The interior was made from an off-cut of a pair of curtains that I took up.  It's also been made expandable with poppers.

And the O rings were preloved too.




You can find more details and pictures of this project at:

http://sewselena.blogspot.com/2011/12/is-it-skirt-dress-or-bag.html

3 comments:

Zom said...

I am very impressed.

Shey said...

neat!

Refashion said...

Great looking bag, Sew Selena! I like the use of the ruffles too. -Seeks, EOD