Saturday, December 17, 2011




This is my favorite thing to create out of old sweats. These were a lot of fun to make. The grey arrow you see actually materialize when I was cut the sleeve area of the sweatshirt. The grey pocket was the shape at the back of the neck. The jungle looking piece is a upholstery sample. The white swirl is the bottom ribbing from a sweater. I have a pair in blue and purples that I wore out dancing. I got the first comliment as I walked in the door, and 4 people took my business card while I was there, because they all want a pair. The great bonus is they are like the most comfy things in the world to wear, and a totally different take on yoga pants. And my daughter wanted to send me to " What not to wear" years ago. Ha, ha, now people pay good money for my designs. Never thought I would grow up to be a fashion designer. LOL LOL

3 comments:

Angela Ricardo said...

Nice layering from old clothes! good post. stumbled from blog hopping. :)

Refashion said...

So ambitious! I love how much fun you have with your refashions! I hope it's infectious, as I need some enthusiasm for some of my own projects. ;)
-Seeks, EOD

Charity Sims-Jenkins said...

I'm really looking forward to making things from patches and layers in future, and these pants are very inspiring. Thanks for posting :)