JUST A FRIENDLY REMINDER: When posting a refashion, please remember to only use your USERNAME (i.e. jenniferelliott14, LaLaLauren) in the LABELS area. Please do not add other labels because an editor will add them at the end of the month. If you have any questions, please email the editors at refashioncoop@gmail.com.

Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Back in the saddle again

(I was going to go for ‘so long as the collars and cuffs match’ but that’s not a terribly classy way to pick up where I left off last year).

Debbie and Portia are my two favorite people today for helping me get up and running on Refashion Co-op again. I'm afraid I've only a little thing for you today as I get to grips with this year’s refashioning plan.


A while back I used the collar and pocket from a sleeveless summer blouse to change up the above Liz shirt I got from my Mom. The best refashions are the ones from the original WWII Mend and Make Do booklets I’ve seen: combine part of your dress with a friend’s dress to make a new dress for you both is a particular favorite. Talk about zero waste.


I had to draft the cuffs since it was a sleeveless shirt,


but then I was left with the stripe collar, cuffs & pocket, which, as of this morning


have found a new home on a shirt my husband has outgrown. Now I am left with


which means I have to find another shirt. Then another. Then another....


IWOM

3 comments:

La La Lauren!!! said...

welcome back!

LaLaLauren
Editor on Duty

Zom said...

These look great.

American Nanny said...

You could always use the cuffs to make bracelets and add a beautiful button to the collar to make a collar-necklace to wear with a strapless top or a crew neck sweater.