Thursday, January 19, 2012

Zippered "Sleevies", Shrug from Leggings


I had bought these leggings ages ago, but they didn't fit well because they're made for long-thin-legged women/girls and I'm more short. But I didn't want to have them go to waste, since I was fond of the zippers at the bottom.

I ended up taking the legs and making them into sleeves for a shrug. I used ribbons as facing, but should have sewed them down, as they keep turning out. I also used ribbon for the ties. The shrug was also too short, so I took this tank top and used it for the lower portion, and to add a little bit of an accent for the expansion up at the top center back.

The end result worked out pretty well, though I apologize for the poor pictures of the finished piece. I had not gotten the chance to take pics until I was far away from my decent camera and decent lighting. You'll have to bear with the iPhone pics at night indoors. And I'll love you for that.


You can read a little bit more (or just see the other pics) here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent, great idea!