Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It's a Beauty...on the Inside

Unfortunately, not every thrifting adventure is a success.  There are days when I go shopping for a specific concept, color, or material, and find absolutely butkus.  And other times in which the refashioning gods smile down upon me and shower me with cheap and versatile goodness.  When the former occurs, I usually regress and transform into a slap happy, impulse shopper capable of purchasing anything (no really, ANYTHING!) just because it would be downright criminal to leave empty handed.  *Sigh*  This little ditty is Exhibit A of one such incident:
 Another home sewn treasure, albeit a little dated, and too much of...well everything
 Finished product after TONS of seam ripping and reconstruction.  
Proof that sometimes...less is more.

For more details on the transformation

Toodles,
Maui Girl

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like it, pretty colours! never judge a book by its cover eh? I'd never think to look INSIDE a dress for potential refashion, good work!

Erica, Editor on Duty