Sunday, February 19, 2012

Ombre Girl's dress {thrifted dress refashion}


Do you remember wearing Amy Byer? I sure do. Back in the late 80's, early 90's I loved those dresses. I found this white Amy Byer dress at the thrift store for a whopping $1.50 and I knew it had potential. But not as an 80's fad, but as a sweet "grandma's sewing nook" inspired dress. What I did not expect was how much the jacquard pattern popped once it was dyed. Fun surprise!



You can find the basic steps to this refashion (and many more) on my blog, ThisMamaMakesStuff.com


6 comments:

Refashion said...

I really do love the change that the dying makes. :) Adorable dress! -Seeks, EOD

Charity Sims-Jenkins said...

Wow, that's amazing the way the pattern shows up! The colours look so much better after what you've done.

Jean said...

Cute, cute, cute! and the shoes are darling too!

mirkka said...

So nice! What a good idea - well done! The crocheted collar is very sweet.

Unknown said...

A wonderful transformation!

Resweater said...

That is a beautiful, timeless dress! Fabulous job!