Monday, March 05, 2012

2 too-tight dresses gone pencil skirts!

So I had this gray sweater dress and this lace over tan dress...both pictured here...

Can you tell I get antsy to start a project? I always forget the 'before' pic and already made the chop!
And again, I chopped before taking the pic, but here it's not as obvious :)
I know, terrible 'before' pics, but then that just adds to the transformation, right? ;) and with the birth of my child and my subsequent inability to lose all of the weight, they were just too tight around the mid-section :( But don't be sad! This was easily remedied. With the sweater dress I simply cut straight across at the top of the band that went across the middle of the dress. I then folded that over and sewed around with my machine set on a zig zag stitch. This is to allow a bit of stretch at the waist. Easy peasy.
I'm gonna ask the Mr. to take pics, self-photography is not my forte!
With the second dress there was a seam running below a band that wrapped just below the bust. So I busted out the seam ripper and got to work. Again, all I had to do once I'd finished that was to fold the top over a couple times and sew with a zig zag stitch. Again, easy peasy, but I got 2 pencil skirts (I'm slightly obsessed) from dresses otherwise unwearable. Love!!!
This is my favorite of my pencil skirt collection! Yes, I'd call it a collection when you've accumulated/made 9 of them...hmmm, you think I have an addiction? :)
Hope you enjoy this super simple post and find some ways to do the same in your wardrobe! I know it's not the first time this has been done, nor will it be the last, but I'm pretty proud of my 10 minute transformations!!! And don't worry, the tops will be put to good use :)

Andrea

3 comments:

Jana said...

Love the lacy one. Very sexy :)

Anne von beswingtes Allerlei said...

Thanks for that idea - looks very nice!

Jenni said...

You look FABULOUS!
Jenni
EOD