Wednesday, March 07, 2012

baggy to perfect sweatshirt



I always have a hard time finding shirts that fit me right. I am tall and broad shouldered, so if it fits in the body, the sleeves & hem are too short, if it's a good length, and the sleeves are right, then it's too big in the body. Now I just buy something at the thrift store that is the right length, and take it in. I just put it on inside out, pinned it how I wanted it to fit, sewed along the pins, then cut off the excess.

Much better!


To see what else i've been up to lately, like a quilt made from felted sweaters, and a dog bed from a thrift store crib bumper & throw pillow, check out my blog!

~ Reuse, Recycle, Resweater! ~
www.resweater.blogspot.com

4 comments:

La La Lauren!!! said...

Very nice!

LaLaLauren
Editor on Duty

J said...

nice job! PS..I am loving your quilt on the sofa : )

J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Resweater said...

Thanks! The quilt is one that I just made. The tutorial for it is on my blog :).