Saturday, March 31, 2012

"Darling have you seen my Tie" Long T.









Introducing Penelope Coat-Hanger. She features heavily in my 

Leopards Lay in Wai-T(ee)


blogpost and I have just realised that I have not formally introduced her. So here is Penelope Coat-Hanger's story. 




Poor Penelope in her plain grey long tee. Having purchased this tee from a thrift store some 3 years ago, Penelope loved to wear it with jeans on a dull winters day. 





Acquiring her husband's tie, Penelope knew that she could turn plain into peachy. So she pinned Brad's vintage tie to her plain tee.


Brad is now tie-less and if he asks you.....no you have not seen his tie.





Penelope's tee is no longer plain and winter is dull no more.

5 comments:

Agy said...

Oh my goodness, this is such a lovely refashion! I love how you've used the tie....I think Brad would love it too .... hee :-)

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Thanks....for some reason I have gone crazy for wearing grey. The tee was like a favourite pair of jeans so it is great that the tie collar worked out so well.
Give it a try....it is very easy to do :-)

Refashion said...

I love this use of a tie. Very good match for the shirt, too. Thanks! -Seeks, EOD

Refashion said...

I love this use of a tie. Very good match for the shirt, too. Thanks! -Seeks, EOD

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

It is fun taking something that is so masculine as a tie, still keep the structure intact and turn it into something feminine.