Thursday, March 08, 2012

Happy Fathers Day Refashion


Here's an idea for Father's Day - go to your local discount store and buy your favourite dad a cheap T-shirt and then buy one for each of your kids. Now refashion each kid's T-shirt into a different fashion item - for my 2yo twins, I made a pair of harem pants for my boy (sitting with daddy) and a skirt for the girl - I lopped off the top part just below the sleeve and then added an elastic waistband- too easy. For my 4 yo I sewed down the side of the sleeves and shirt to make smaller and added a frill made from spare fabric from the twins' outfits.

The kids got a real hoot out of matching daddy for the day - when she saw another man wearing the same shirt my 4 yo said to him 'Wow you have a Happy Father's day shirt too'!



If you are interested in seeing other outfits that I have refashioned and made, please visit my blog:


Cheers
Mary D

Orange Who? At least it's not all Pink and Blue

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very very cute idea!

Erica

Sandy said...

How cute all around! Love the combined photos of them all wiggling in their various expressions of joy to match dad and displeasure at the photo shoot!
Sandy in the UK

Bat Ma'am said...

So cute!! And adorable family!! :)

Orange Who? said...

Thanks for your comments ladies !