Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hilo Hattie Muumuu Refashion

My choice for dress, is for a friends Hawaiian themed wedding in just a few weeks from now. I purchased a Hilo Hattie Hawaiian Muumuu from etsy to refashion.

It started off rather problematic as I'd cut it too short, but fixed it up using thrifted mens mint green neckties to add a grip strip, and a reversible sash belt. I've also removed both sleeves.




The Sash
green strip..





To finish off, I've used scrap pieces to make a hair clip/brooch rosette ..


More over on my blog

8 comments:

Cassandra Louise said...

What a beautiful dress you have created! How clevert to think of adding in the strip to solve your problem, and it looks wonderful. :-)

twobutterflies said...

CUTE!!!

Bat Ma'am said...

Beautiful! I love the green stripe!

Corina said...

Erica! Your stuff just gets better and better. I'm jealous!

oh sew fantastic! said...

That dress is gorgeous, I love the stripe & the sash, great job!

concretenprimroses said...

Its lovely! Congratulations on a great job!
Kathy

Gail said...

Clever work. Shows that all it takes is imagination.

Shannon said...

one of the prettiest refashions I've seen in a while!! very nice & totally inspiring