Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Housecoat Refashion

I'm reposting this from my blog, oh-sew-fantastic.blogspot.com

The before & after pics aren't very dramatic, but I have a new dress form coming my way (woohoo!) so new pictures will be forthcoming!
Here is a muumuu/housecoat I picked up for a $1 at a thrift store.

I immediately saw potential in this one :)
It has this really fantastic kimono-like fabric so I immediately thought of turning it into a shorter kimono tunic dress.

This beauty had a front zipper that went down about 3/4 of the length, so I removed the zipper with my seam ripper (sorry, didn't get a picture of that..) & resewed the seam, taking it in a few inches, then I cut off 11 inches of fabric off the bottom.

bye, bye
I also took in each side seam 2 inches (once again no picture of that, I need to remember to take more pictures) then I gave the bottom a 1/2 inch seam which brought the length up to just above the knee & tada!

from dumpy & frumpy to super cute!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

That fabric IS gorgeous!
Jenni
EOD