Sunday, April 15, 2012

Bright Sheet Skirt

This weekend's project involved finally pulling out one of the vintage sheets from my stash (and one of my vintage patterns), and turning it into this skirt:


I don't think it necessarily reveals its origins as a sheet...but then I ran into someone today who recognized the pattern from her sheets and pillowcases when she was a kid! Granted, she was confused that the same pattern would have been sold to a clothing company, until I told her that the skirt used to be a sheet. So maybe it's still not immediately obvious that I'm wearing old bedding?

More on Adventures in Refashioning.

3 comments:

Refashion said...

What a gorgeous skirt - I love how the checks are on a diagonal. It looks very chic on you. Thanks for sharing

Debbie EOD

Bat Ma'am said...

Love that! I make things with sheets all the time, everyone is like "WHAT!!?? No way that was a sheet!!!"

Adele said...

That's lovely, I really like the pattern and the skirt looks nice on you :)

- Adele @ Mammy Made