Thursday, April 19, 2012

Skirt to Dress :: Simple but Effective

I bought this, brand new with tags, at Domsey's Warhouse for $6.39 a few (maybe more) weeks ago with the intention of using to make a dress.
The Avenue Skirt Before

The Avenue Skirt Before

Before

The Avenue Skirt Before

After


The Avenue Skirt After

The Avenue Skirt After

The Avenue Skirt After

The Avenue Skirt After

Without the belt. I like it better with, though I don't think it's bad without it.

The Avenue Skirt After
I basically serged off a section of the skirt, stitched a seam close to the serged edge, used some of the scrap piece to make straps and attached them. I couldn't even be arsed to turn the straps to hide the serged edge. Sue me ;p I have a plan for that large-ish scrap. If all goes according to plan, look for it to show up with worn with a circle skirt next week!

11 comments:

PinkSparkle And Lace said...

You did a great job and you look adorable!! I love the belt.
~Tammy

twobutterflies said...

It's amazing - I love it with the belt.

Unknown said...

Love it! I'm stealing your strap idea for my next skirt/dress transformation!

-Emme

learningnewtricks said...

Love it without the belt, but it looks good both ways.

Brenda said...

Beautiful dress on a beautiful lady. Great job.

concretenprimroses said...

Fabulous!
Kathy

Mindie Hilton said...

Very cute transformation from skirt to dress. Love your idea for a craft fair linky at Bacon Time. I might have to do that. In the mean time feel free to join us each Friday for the Anything Goes linky.

Andrea said...

Veeeeeery cute!!! Love with the belt, and I also love the strap. Good find and great redo!

Andrea

Bat Ma'am said...

FABULOUS. Looks amazing with or without the belt!

Nettie said...

Thank you all so much!!! I never imagined I would love this refashion so much! I can't wait until we have warmer weather here so I can debut it properly!

Refashion said...

It will be great for the summer, no doubt. :) Thanks for the share! -Seeks, EOD