Tuesday, April 03, 2012

"Someone Decided" Cotton Top.



Someone decided that curvaceous women wanted to wear shapeless cotton tops.
Someone decided that curvaceous women wanted to have all the focus on the largest part of their body-their hips.
Someone decided that a drawstring on the hips was a billowing unflattering look that curvaceous women would embrace.
Someone decided that curvaceous women wanted to look like a human wine barrel.

Ummm hmmm excuse me someone, but you have decided all wrong and above is definitely not the way we want to dress.




Drawstring cut away from the bottom of the cotton top with pinking shears.
Drawstring relocated at waist-level on cotton top and sewn into place at new location.
Cotton top is now on-trend with a hint of 
  peplum styling.
"Someone Decided" cotton top now looks looks pretty and feminine worn with a faded pair of jeans.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE your sense of humor! I agree,it looks much better!

Andrea said...

I love the after of this top! I agree the drawstring at the bottom just doesnt look good on many people...me included! Super cute print and looks great on you :) Good job!

Highland Monkey's said...

You've done a good job on that pretty blouse. I agree with you what's with the puffy out drawstring look.

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments. I picked that top up from a recycle clothing store on Saturday. The print was so adorable but there was no way that I would every wear it with a drawstring on the hips.
It was such an easy re-fashion and I think it looks way better now.

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

I am often perplexed at what passes as fashion for curvaceous women. Who is designing this stuff for us? I want to look feminine and pretty in the clothes that I wear. It surprises me when I can only find drab sacks in the stores. I like quirky and sweet. My philosophy is....that if I can't find it-then I have to create it.

Unknown said...

Wow, having a relocated waist on your top makes the world of difference, it looks fabulous!

Erica, EOD

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

I actually like a kind of gentle fitted look. The wine barrel look does justice to very few people.