Sunday, April 15, 2012

T-Shirt Makeover: Updating a Tee - Adding Structure

Hi there! I've wanted to do this to a T-Shirt for a while, adding shoulder pads to it. I wanted to keep the loose fit but with structure at the shoulders, so it hangs better. I also wanted to use the pads as part of the design, I mean why hide them?

BEFORE: not a bad tee, but needed an update and shoulders were too wide on me

AFTER: loose with a nice drape and structure at the shoulders - I accidentally ripped a few holes into the neckline as I was removing some ribbon trim, but it works with the deconstruction

ALTER: Adding yet another level of transparency to the construction, to take in the back, I used the old pinch and fold over method.



...and there you have it a loose tee with structured shoulders.
For more info on how to, check out my site The Style Workshop!

thanks! :)

2 comments:

Refashion said...

I'm not usually a fan of shoulder pads, but I really like making them part of the visual presentation of the piece of clothing. The resizing in the back also adds a nice element. Thanks! -Seeks, EOD

Adele said...

Lovely.

- Adele @ Mammy Made