Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Ugly pink skirt to sweet navy wrap!

Hiya! I thrifted this skirt for 50c awhile back with every intention of refashioning it, I loved the embroidery around the hem but the colour was just soo icky it ended up lost in my refashioning heap.

Then last week I decided to go buy some dye & take to a few pieces this skirt included...using Black velvet Dylon dye it turned out a dark navy:
Today I took to it with the scissors, cut away the yoke & cut apart the side seam with the zipper (saved incase i ever need a pink invisable zip!). Once I did that I realised there was enough to make it a wrap skirt by moving the intact sideseam to the back & wrapping the fronts. I used thrifted bias binding to finish the waist & added a retro lime green button for the closure & snaps for the inside wrap. Here's the finished skirt:


4 comments:

charlotte said...

yes that is better!

Bat Ma'am said...

I agree, much better! Nice job :)

Unknown said...

Nice, chic! :)

AngieHandmade said...

Looks great! I had the same problem recently with black dye turning out navy. Any idea how to solve this problem. I hugely prefer black.