Sunday, April 15, 2012

Wedge Redo

Happy Sunday folks!

I'm here with a quick project I took on to make over a couple pair of wedge sandals I've had for years and never seemed to wear that often despite how amazingly comfortable they are. So, using paint, mod podge, scrap lace from a refashioned top, and a bit of ribbon, here's how they look now!
Before (the lace is patiently waiting to be applied) ;)
After with ribbon and lace
And here's the pair I painted...no before pic, but I'm sure you can imagine what they looked like :)
Just used some acrylic paint I had on hand and mod podged over it to seal it.
These were really quick projects that will make a big difference in how often I wear these now :) Had another shirt refashion I wanted to post but couldn't finish because I'd run out of white thread...how does that happen??? I just didn't notice how low I was on all of my threads, and white is what I need! Gotta hit up my local craft store asap! Hope you've enjoyed your weekend, and that you enjoyed these shoe updates!

Peace
Andrea
LittleDidYouKnow



7 comments:

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Fabulous. Love a good shoe refashion.

Pam @Threading My Way said...

I'm not usually a fan of shoe refashions, but these look great!!! Well done!

Bat Ma'am said...

I want to do a shoe refashion SO BAD. I haven't had the right pair 'call' to me yet LOL.

And WOW those are amazing! I'm obsessed with the lace! What size are you, can I borrow them??!! xD

Refashion said...

I love the lace on the wedges. Both pairs look so pretty for summer.

Debbie
EOD

twobutterflies said...

Awesome!!! I especially love the lace pair.

To Catch A Thrift said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the painted wedges! Would wear those right now if i could ;)

We really did post shoe posts at nearly the same time :P

Take care!
Ashley
To Catch A Thrift

Andrea said...

Thanks again all! Loving the support at this co-op :) I also love the lace ones :) @ Bat Ma'am...I'm a size 9, if that'd work for you we could always work out a swap at Christmas time so that you could have them for next summer :) IF I don't completely fall in love with them and want them for the rest of my life...hehehe.

Andrea