Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Another silk top refashion-two ways

Hello and happy hump day!

I found this lovely silk top yesterday at one of the local thrift stores for $3.

I liked the pockets but knew the sleeves would have to go!
This is what I did. I seam ripped those sleeves and collar right off! I then took in the arm holes by about 2 inches and took the sides in just a bit for some shape. I finished off the sleeves and around the neck, then decided I'd like to wear it as a v neck sometimes, and buttoned all the way up other times. I found the bottom of the v and tacked it with a few stitches. Now I have to put this on over my head, but it allows me to wear this 2 ways without showing too much!


Gotta love my face in these! I was simply planning to crop my head out, but then decided, hey, let's keep it real. I can show my greasy unwashed hair and un-made up face to my fellow refashioners ;) We all have those days...now, it's off to the shower! Hope you like it :)

Peace,
Andrea

5 comments:

Nettie said...

I love it!! It's so elegant!

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

This is such a gorgeous transformation. I love it. The waistband has a lovely vintage look about it. Thanks for the inspiration. I am going to give this refashion a go.

Heather Feather said...

That's such a good idea for those beautiful silk tops! I'm a fan of the V neck style but the other one looks more "classy". :) Very nice!!

Andrea said...

Thanks ladies! It is to die for with a high waisted pencil skirt....just thought I'd throw that at ya ;) I love how this turned out and yes, I like the classy look for a more muted sexy, but the v-neck more for an everyday look. I think I may have a problem though...I want to keep hunting out more silk tops to redo!!! Hahaha, maybe I'll start refashioning them for friends :)

Unknown said...

A lovely blouse, and such an improvement from the before.

I'm glad you decided to leave the photos uncropped too :)
Erica, Editor on Duty