Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Nine Shirts for One Dress...

My husband and I cleaned out our closets! And since the re-fashion-pile grew bigger and bigger, I needed to take drastic measures. :-)

Here is what I made:

I turned these nine old shirts (one is not in the picture):


...into one maxi-dress:


I kept lots of original details, like pockets, collar, buttons/buttonholes, even the shirt hems!



There is not a single piece of fabric in this dress that didn't come from an old shirt.
For lots of how-to pictures from each step I took, please visit my blog: Of Dreams And Seams.

Happy re-fashioning to all of you!
Best,
Katja

9 comments:

fluffnnonsense said...

oh my gosh!! thats SOOOO fab!!, clever!!best mens shirt makeover ive seen! xx

Bat Ma'am said...

LOVE THIS!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Outstanding!

concretenprimroses said...

Marvelous! I love it that you used so many. And the button placket belt, the pockets, ...
I'm heading over to your blog for details.
Kathy

pao said...

Awesome work and so artistic!

Jana said...

Wow, that is soooo cool. My next post is a dress from 3 shirts ! :))

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Bespoked and beautiful. This is an amazing transformation.

Isis said...

wow! go you

Unknown said...

Thank you all so much, I appreciate the compliments! Go get your husband/boyfriend/brother/fathers shirts and give it a go! :-))