Monday, May 21, 2012

Simple Men's Shirt Upcycle


Men's shirts are plentiful in thrift stores, and often they are in great condition!  I picked one up at our local Salvation Army Thrift Store for $2.99.  It was even a fairly high quality "designer" brand!  I put it on my dress dummy, Betsy, backwards, and proceeded to cut off the collar and cuffs.


With some quilting cotton I had on hand in my stash, I made bias binding and a sash for more feminine shaping.



And here's the final result:


For more details on this project, and more like it, please visit me at Seams Sustainable!




4 comments:

Refashion said...

I like the use of binding and sash to create such a sweet new top.

Thanks for sharing

Debbie
EOD

Sherry said...

This definitely doesn't look like the same shirt - the bias and sash really help to dress it up! You're unbelievable!

Dominique said...

Very cute and feminine !

homecoming dresses said...

When they first came into existence, shirts were first worn by men as an undergarment. However as times changed, not only did the shirt become a part of the outward apparel but it also evolved significantly in terms of size, style and type.
prom dresses cheap