Tuesday, May 01, 2012

T-Shirt Refashion: Adding Structure at Shoulders and Neck


This Refashion is kind of a quick and dirty project, in that I didn't go for clean edges or perfect stitching, I just wanted to try it.  I wanted to experiment with woven on a knit as a base for structure.  I think the shoulders and neck of a shirt creates a sharp look when fitted well, like a tailored button up shirt. T-shirts and knits in general are great because they go with the flow of a person's shape, but what I wanted to do was combine the tailoring of a woven shirt with the fluidity of a knit tee, so here goes...

For this project I used a ratty old tee and some left over non-stretch denim fabric I had.  The T-shirt happened to be a V-Neck, but this can be done on any basic neckline.... (step by step here)


4 comments:

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

When you see the step by step process for this refashion it is quite interesting. It gives a formality to what is essentially a casual look. It lifts a t-shirt that is mainstream into something different and unique. Well done.

gaby said...

Thanks Mezzy!

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

When you see the full refashion on your blog, it is quite clever. I like it when you see a combination of two opposite elements. In your refashion we have casual blending in with formal. Very cool.

La La Lauren!!! said...

very nice way to turn an old tshirt into something nicer!

LaLaLauren
EOD