Friday, May 18, 2012

WWYGD?????

What would you guys do? I have this, well I guess it's a tunic. I got it from one of my favorite local thrift shops at a BOGO sale. My locals have some wonderful bargains!

It's boring & I need to do something with it.



I was thinking about lace painting on the embroidered parts, but I'm not sure if this is the garment for that. The top has some very interesting lacework and embroidery.  Maybe I should dye the whole thing...teal, ala Jillian, perhaps?



Sooooo...I thought I'd ask you guys for some ideas. PLEASE bear in mind I am 57 years old.

I have tons & tons of stuff to refashion & may just rely on you for inspiration for some of it.

3 comments:

Moojoo said...

Ooo! I would totally go for dying it. I like the sound of the teal, although my very first thought was of a muted orange or a sort of dusty pink. I guess just what ever color you feel like. I just really like dying things with embroidery.

I had an ugly embroidered sweater I dyed pink once, and there were like 3 different fibers in the embroidery so it turned out in 3 different shades of pink and looked really cool.

Another idea: take off that bottom sort of skirty bit and replace it with either an actual skirt or another, more brightly colored skirty bit. With or without dying the top part.

Zom said...

I also like the idea of dying it. I would dye it teal and then paint some of the lace with lapis blue and purple.

Refashion said...

I can't wait to see what you decide to do; Those lovely lace inserts and embroidery would look great dyed, I think. I am fascinated to see the results of lace painting, though. -Seeks, EOD