Thursday, June 07, 2012

Baby Pants From Pillowcase With Pacman Kneepads

Hello! This is my first post on Refashion Co-op, and I'm so excited to be apart of this fantastic community! I really love sewing, and it's even more satisfying when I can turn something unwanted into something new and fun. My name is Heather, and I go by Heather Feather over at Feathers Flights where I blog about sewing, tutorials, refashioning, and family. I started sewing in high school for fun and then went on to study clothing construction in college. I worked at a tailor shop to put get me through school, and it is where I learned all about clothing alterations and refashioning. I have a sweet baby with BIG blue eyes and a great husband. My husband is currently in law school, so I do lots of refashioning to save us money.

The first refashion I have to show you today is a fun little pair of pants for my son. I made some basic blue pants out of a pillowcase using the existing hem for the pants hem. Then I added some faux leather kneepads in Pacman shapes.
It's great for this busy little crawler.
The Pacman shapes are really basic and were easy to cut out.
 
If you want to see how I made these Pacman pants, check out my baby sewing tutorial.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh what a cute little boy! Little pacmac knees are adorable

Erica EOD

Bat Ma'am said...

What a cutie!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE these pants!!! Too adorable for words!

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Well done. Very talented. Beautiful blog.