Saturday, June 02, 2012

From the 90s to Today

I wish I had the pattern envelope to show you how 90s this looked.  I had originally made both of these, I think in the summer of 2000. Here are before pictures of the top and skirt. 
I remade both of them using patterns had used previously and liked.  It's always surprising how difficult it can be to find enough fabric to cut out the pattern pieces, even when it seems like you are making something smaller out of something bigger.  The new version of the skirt, for instance, had these bell-shaped pieces at the bottom that make it wider than it looks.  The top is a sort of wrap-look.  Here is the finished version:
This next outfit was a simple jeans-to-skirt refashion, so I didn't take a before picture.  The jeans were wide-leg, so I didn't have to add the triangle in the middle.  The top I knitted, but nothing was recycled.  I was happy that it only used 2 skeins of yarn though, costing about $6. 

3 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Love what you've done with that top t-shirt.

concretenprimroses said...

I love how you made the outfit over. Great recycling!
Kathy

Refashion said...

Great transformations of some "outdated" styles to something you are more likely to wear now. :) And I never thought about how simple a wide-leg pant transformation to skirt would be. Thanks! -Seeks, EOD