Saturday, June 09, 2012

How to refashion a shirt into a vest

Hi friends my name is Kasey.  I am a first time contributor to the Refashion Co-op. I am super excited about this!  Seriously, I love this site almost as much as I love to refashion.

A little about me… I started a blog a few months ago called  My life on the Divide.  Mainly focusing on garment refashions. I have to admit, I was incredibly nervous about starting a blog. Mostly because I feel that I am lacking in the writing and grammar department.  And, well…seams like two things a good blogger needs, right?  The thing is something in me just needed to do this.(you can read about that on my blog) So I started it! I try to use a lot of photos, hoping that they will distract you from my lackluster writing skills.

OK then, enough of my rambling. Sorry I do that. So without further rambling,

I am going to show you how to refashion a shirt into a vest

How to refashion a dip dyed shirt into this vest

I have a method of making shirts into vests that I love to use. I think it will always work.This is the shirt I used but any old shirt will work. If you really want the dip dyed effect and don't have an old dip dyed shirt in your refash stash, you can dye one then do the cutting up process.


Before and after of a easy no sew refashoin

Don't you just love how the raw edges worked out after I removed the weird studs? I do!


Thank you so much for looking at my refashion

1 comment:

Refashion said...

Fun transformation! Thanks and welcome! -Seeks, EOD