Sunday, June 17, 2012

80's knit dress to Chanel-esque dress


I thrifted this big huge 80's coral cotton knit dress and jacket set last year. I thought it was a good deal of material for a few dollars. I had no idea what to do with them until I saw this:
I liked the look of the dress but I thought it looked a bit too fussy. My baby girl would surely like to yank on the front tie or the buttons. So I decided to refashion the coral dress into a simplified version of this Chanel dress.
I know it doesn't look exactly like the inspiration but I actually prefer the simpler version. It's super comfortable. The pockets are nice features as well as essential for a mom with 2 young kids.

2 comments:

Bat Ma'am said...

I actually like yours way better than the Chanel version!!! Very cute, love the color! You could refashion that jacket to match, maybe a cute shrug or fitted with shorter sleeves??

Refashion said...

I like the use of the inspiration, and the black really does add a lot of pop. Even better that it's comfortable and practical for you. :) -Seeks, EOD