Monday, June 11, 2012

A Pantsformation - or... How I Made a Skirt from a Pair of Pants


There is a lot to love about upcycling.  First there is the obvious recycling benefit, which is also nice when you are working with a budget. Second is the creative aspect; it really is more exciting for me to figure out how to re-arrange my existing clothes than it is to buy a pattern and cut along the lines.  The third, and perhaps most compelling reason, is that it usually takes a lot less work.

There, I said it.  I love love love to sew.  But it is really really cool when I don't have to sew in a zipper or finish every little last edge.

After my last upcycle, my closet was down one skirt.  So... I rummaged through an old clothes bin to see what I could find that might want to be my newest skirt.  And then I saw it, a pair of stretch cotton-blend trousers that are way too big for me.

To learn more about my pantsformation check out my blog




4 comments:

Refashion said...

What a super chic new skirt - great transformation.

Thank you for sharing

Debbie
EOD

Mandy said...

Thanks so much Debbie! I'm really happy with the results :)

Bat Ma'am said...

Super cute!! I've tried a couple of pants-to-skirts, but they end up too tight of a pencil skirt sort of thing.. love the slit in the front idea, I might be able to save mine with that!!!

amykalbster said...

This looks so polished. I usually just make pants into bermuda-length shorts, but I will definitely try this.