Saturday, June 30, 2012

Tattered Skirt from scraps

Hi! I made my 1st adult sized tattered skirt yesterday & I love it! It was super simple to make by pinning each scrap to the waistband (I used an elastic one I'd saved from a skirt refashion). I put the waistband around my office chair to hold it in place then went around the band attaching the heaviest fabrics 1st then finishing with mesh & lace to fill it out. Then I just machine sewed through all the pieces all the way around the band. And this is how it turned out:


4 comments:

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Very cool skirt. Pic on the clifftop overlooking the ocean is a winner.

Jessica said...

i love how resourceful this is!!!

-Jessica
http://runninginsideus.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful skirt

Refashion said...

I bet it's fun to wear too! Great use of scraps! -Seeks, EOD