Saturday, July 21, 2012

Altering a Blazer (The Easy Way)

Blazers are such a trend right now, and the great thing about them is that they're classic and timeless. A good blazer can be worn in so many different ways. My favorite is with shorts and a cute tee for a summer date night, but you can dress up skinny jeans, wear it with dress pants, put it on over a short floral dress, or with cropped pants and sandals. 

However, it can be wickedly difficult to buy the perfect fitting blazer. When I was in college, I shopped for months trying to find one, and I never found it. But now that I have a sewing machine, I can buy any blazer and make it work. I found this cobalt blue blazer at Salvation Army for $.66. The only downside was that it was 10 sizes too big for me. I took out my scissors and sewing machine and in about 30 minutes I had the perfect blazer. 




The steps:
1. Cut off sleeves
2. Hem the sides and back seam of the vest part
3. Hem the sides of the sleeves
4. Re-attach the arms
5. Wear your blazer everywhere you go!

Click here for the full step-by-step tutorial.

2 comments:

Zoe said...

This looks ace! Great work. It's so wearable now

Zoe xx

Refashion said...

Woah! I wouldn't have thought that they were the same piece of clothing! Great job. :) -Seeks, EOD