Monday, July 16, 2012

Tangerine with a Spot of Leopard

Refashioned my old capris to fit.  I don't know what decade I used to wear them in, but they were at least 5 sizes too small now.  But I loved the tangerine color and softness of the fabric.  So I cut up the side seams, removed the side zipper, and added side inserts of a stretch jersey leopard print fabric I had. 
my new & improved loungin' capris
I wanted to raise the waistline so I undid the inner facings and sewed them back on as an extension using some leftover pink piping as a bridge.  Then created new facings for the waistline out of the leopard fabric. Also sewed in small sections of elastic at each side insert so the gathering happened there and kept the front and back of the waistline smooth.
raised waistline using old facings & pink piping
Finally, I found an old clothing label and sewed it on the back waistband, which summed up my thoughts exactly about this piece.
and aptly named, "Lounge Lizard"

To see me wearing 'em, go to Project Minima, clothes collage page, under "Tangerine Dream."


3 comments:

Refashion said...

What a great way to give the trousers new life! They look very comfortable and I love the label.

Debbie EOD

marianne_bags said...

what a great idea! I think i might do a similar thing!

pao said...

yea, they're fun to wear now!