Friday, August 10, 2012

Fabric Scrap Brooches and Contributor Reminder

Hi everyone, its Erica here, one of the daily editors on Refashion Co-op. My machine sewing has been a little bit limited lately, although I do have a dress refashion almost complete that I'm looking forward to showing.

Over the years of refashioning, I've accumulated, as I'm sure many of you have too, a large stash of fabric scraps. You know the annoying bits that you just don't want to throw away, yet are not big enough to really sew into anything?

Over the past few weeks, I've been hand sewing fabric scraps into rosette brooches / hair pins, which are great to wear on a jacket lapel, a bag, or hair. They are also great to give away as gifts to friends and family members.





 I use a twisting technique, which I pin as I go to hold in place

I'm quite excited to be teaching a class at the end of the month, on how to make one. At some point soon, I'll write a tutorial on my blog too.

And finally, a note for all contributors to Refashion Co-op, a little reminder if you could all post a 'before' picture of your refashioned clothing pieces? We appreciate that sometimes you forget to take a photo, and that's OK, I've done that too! But if you do remember to post a before picture, it really is great for readers to see the amazing transformations of the clothing piece you re-do from its original.
Thanks all!

2 comments:

Huli said...

i love your flowers erica..i haven't tried that syle yet but they look really sweet!

Unknown said...

Thanks Huli!