Thursday, August 09, 2012

Just a little off the top/bottom...

Hi everyone,
I have 2 refashions for everyone today. I am still counting down my days until we move to washington DC on my blog with 60 Days of Blogging to DC.

Project 1 is sadly something I completely last year but just never got an after picture. It has literally sat in my blog queue for almost an entire year (just one month short). I took an old sweater than as seen better days and I turned it into a hip warmer for when I go to bellydance class in the winter time and when I do yoga. I have learned that through the years of bellydance I need to keep my muscles warmer especially when it is chilly. My body doesn't heal like it used to, unfortunately.


I basically cut off the sleeves, folded down the top and added elastic waistband. For more information on the sweater refashion see here. And yes I do have a pair of flared pants that bright raspberry color. And the hip hugger is slightly wonky due to a badly sewn "overskirt" that was sewn into these dance pants. I am very close to cutting it off. Luckily my hip warmer helps cover up that mess!

The next project was an uber easy project. It took 5 minutes to do b/c I have a serger and I love it. I started off with a Jones of New York skirt that was just the wrong length. Love the chevron and the colors. So I just ran the bottom through my serger and hemmed it off. :) 


For more information on this project click here for the chevron skirt.

I have more refashions in the pipeline as I try and finish them before the move! B/c I can't justify to my boyfriend bringing clothing on the moving truck that doesn't fit. But I can justify those that do! :) I have survived 1 week of blogging. Whew! Wish me luck!

Cheers,
Lauren

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah Lauren, I just love sweater skirts! Yours is great :)

Erica