Monday, August 27, 2012

Quickie DIY: Broken Sterling Silver Earring to Ring Transformation

I was out thrifting one day, and saw what looked like a silver shield shaped pin.



Upon closer inspection, it turned out to be a large pierced "orphaned" .925 silver and turquoise (resin?)earring. It had the post cut off and a pin back glued on to be worn as a pin.


I didn't like that function, so I pried off the pin back and used Amazing E-6000 Clear Adhesive ($3.99) , and a Sterling Silver Adjustable Ring #227850 (was $11.99, on clearance for $7.19) that I bought from Hobby Lobby in Millville, NJ on 04/18/12.


I glued the ring (yes...it's Sterling.... it has the .925 stamped on the inside) to concave side of the shield (where the pin back was). I let it cure overnight.



Ta dah!!!!! All done. I made another sterling silver "statement ring" of  and it's a one-of-a-kind. Saint Salvage strikes again!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I like its stone collection in blue. Looks really very awesome and beautiful on fingers. feel great to hear from you.



wedding ring sets

Unknown said...

Great. Turquoise jewellery is very popular at the moment, this is a great ring!

Erica EOD